Choosing a hearing clinic can be a difficult decision, especially with so many options available. While it may be tempting to go to a corporate clinic, choosing a local hearing clinic can offer many benefits.
Here are just a few reasons to consider when picking out your clinic location for your long-term hearing health!
1) Personalized Care: Local hearing clinics are often run by locals living in your community! Our hearing specialists at North Star Hearing are from Grande Prairie, or have been here for 12+ years...we aren't going anywhere! Breianne and Kayla are truly invested in providing the best care for their patients and will take the time to get to know you and understand your unique hearing needs. Corporate clinics, on the other hand, may be more focused on volume over quality, and you may not receive the same level of personalized care.
2) Expertise: Local hearing clinics are often owned and operated by clinicians with specialized training and experience in the field. They are able to provide the latest technology and treatment options for hearing loss, tinnitus, and other hearing-related conditions. Corporate clinics may not always have the same level of expertise on staff, or have the resources and availability to go the extra mile to help solve any problems that you may have.
3) Availability: Local hearing clinics are more likely to have flexible appointment times, which can be especially important for those who have busy schedules. In contrast, corporate clinics may have more rigid schedules and a limited availability of appointments. We are open during lunch hours, and will even see clients on the weekends or evenings if they need it!
4) Cost: Local hearing clinics may have more competitive pricing than corporate clinics. Corporate clinics may have higher overhead costs and may pass those costs on to patients in the form of higher prices. You'd be surprised to learn about our prices in comparison to some of the other clinics in town...with some hearing aid manufacturers, we are almost 50% less expensive for the exact same product!
6) Supporting the Community: Choosing a local hearing clinic means supporting a small business in your community. By supporting local businesses, you are helping to keep money in the community and contribute to the local economy.
In conclusion, choosing a local hearing clinic can offer many benefits over corporate clinics. Personalized care, expertise, availability, cost, and supporting the community are all reasons to consider a local clinic for your hearing needs. It's always a good idea to do your research, ask for recommendations and read reviews of the clinic you are considering.
At North Star Hearing, we are the ONLY locally owned and operated clinic in Grande Prairie, and all of Northern Alberta! Come in and meet us if you haven't already, and have a cup of coffee with us. We can't wait to see you in our new local Grande Prairie business.